28 July, Penang – Industrial Transformation Asia Pacific (ITAP) is happening on 18-20 OCT 2022 in Singapore Expo with great focus on sustaining your business with Industry 4.0. Voice of Markets : Malaysia Roadshow was held on 28 July at The Ship Campus, Penang as the prelude to this regional event.
Industry experts gathered to share their views on industry 4.0 development and manufacturing priorities in Malaysia. YB Dato Sri Mustapa Mohamad – Minister in Prime Minister’s Department (Economy) given his keynote address highlighting the importance for all businesses to adopt IR4.0 as their key business strategy to increase productivity and to compete in the international market.
Smart4wrd Programme Director Mr. Yap Keng Teck was invited to moderate the forum session on “Accountability & Sustainability of Industry4.0 Adoption.” He was joined by Jason Cheah-COO PKT Logistics Group, Tan Chun Seng-Group VP & GM of STMicroelectronics Muar, Chong Soon Kheng- CEO Swiftbridge Technology and Jai Shankar-Director & Sustainability Lead Oil & Gas, Chemical & Energy Division. Hundreds of participants from the private and public sectors attended and actively participated in the forum discussion.
Among some of the take home values from the forum session includes:
– The owner and the top will need to drive the transformation with Industry 4.0.
– There should be companywide buy-in to the concept of Industry 4.0.
– Industry4.0 is not a production exercise but a business strategy to stay competitive and relevant in the global market
– SMEs must at least start with connectivity. Connecting your machines, people, process, production.
– Data is objective, real time info is crucial. Get it out, use it, benefit from it.
– International companies are demanding for real time response and transparency as part of ESG.
– Industry4.0 is not to replace your workers but to bring optimisation of your resources.
– Don’t jump into Industry4.0 without 1st knowing where u are, what u need and how can u leverage on it.
– Leverage on government assistance programme for example industry4wrd to embark into smart manufacturing journey.
“There should be more of such events being held. Many of our Malaysian SMEs are still in the dark of what is Industry 4.0 and why is it relevant to them. Smart4wrd is gathering resources to consolidate resources into its knowledge hub www.smart4wrd.my. SMEs can also access to Smart4wrd YouTube to watch our past forum series where SMEs shared their smart manufacturing journey. We are planning for some factory visit to SME Industry 4.0 project and may even organize a group visit to ITAP, Singapore in Oct. SMEs are advised to check out announcement in website or our bi-weekly enewsletter.”says Keng Teck, Programme Director of Smart4wrd.